Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Whew!

This week has been a long one and it's only Wednesday. Hope started 6th grade this year which is at the middle school. As we turn into the school drive she starts "mom.......oooooh mom.......I am gonna be sick.....ooooh I can't do this" after a little encouragement and a swift kick out of the van she did fine. Julie who moved up to a school that is for 3rd thru 5th decided that she would make friends with the wild kids so no one would pick on her. This was not her smartest idea. Her 2nd day of school ended with me standing at the doorway shaking my finger whipping out a list of people to avoid and behaviors that she'd better snap out of before I go snap dragon on her LOL. Justin who is in first grade, although is doing better than last year (crying the whole way to school) decided he wanted to see exactly how strong the morning greeters are. So when we pull up to the drop off spot at school. He clings to the inside of the van as the little ole nice lady pulls and pulls. She is a tough broad as she seems to win every morning. Which leads me to Woody and Zack. Woody has decided I need to fix some breakfast in the mornings after all how is one to socialize in the morning with peeps if they are standing in line waiting for the a.m. grub at school. Zack (our little ADHD angel) I went back and forth over do I give him his med's before school the first week. Or do I let him go without meds which will lead to anything happening the rest of the year being a bonus (while on medication) versus starting the meds and risk them saying could you up the dose already......I took the higher road and gave him his medication.
Not to even mention the crazy work week. We are in training all week. Someone thought of some unique ways to make the week more fun. Tuesday was crazy t-shirt day and today is camo day. So I thought wouldn't it be funny to go to Wal-mart buy some of that printer paper that you can get that iron's own t-shirts and print off embarrassing pictures of my co-workers and wear it. Well heck with thinking about it I went ahead and did it. Turns out I was the only one who found the humor in the whole thing. Today I am wearing my camo pants and one of the kids brown military shirts with a hedden patch own the sleeve. How do you say does a mother of 5 have time to sew a patch on a t-shirt in the morning while trying to get all of her little chick-a-dees ready its easy hot glue gun works a lot faster than my sewing machine!!!!!!!
Hope it calms down around here!

8 comments:

Peggy said...

love it! Now keep it updated with all the free time you have. LOL

Ms. Kathleen said...

Ha! You stay tough! This brought back many memories. I only have one of four at home plus a foreign exchange student this year (16 year old boys) so life is a little easier (or is it?)!

Ha!

Rachel said...

Peggy sent me over to check you out! My word girl, you do have a busy life and that is putting it mildly!! I cannot imagine! I think I would need nerve pills regularly with 5 kids....or even with a couple!! LOL

I'll check back to see how you are doing with that lovely family of yours!!

Tee/Tracy said...

Came over from your Mom's blog :)

You've got your hands full. LOL @ Justin clinging to the side of the van. I can just picture it!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Your mom sent me over to check your blog out.
I like to say "Welcome and best of luck"
Stop over at my blog anytime for visit at my blog

Rosa said...

My youngest was always like that regarding school. He would cry and throw up and everything. It does break your heart, but they eventually grow out of it. The docs put him on some meds for concentration only for it not to work and he was off within 6 mos. We muddled through. A couple of years later, they tested him again for disabilities only to find out he doesn't have learning disabilities, he is just extremely shy and wouldn't ask for help on anything. So, you are never alone when comes to worrying about you little ones and you are always the best judge of what is best for your children, always. Remember, long weekend ahead!! Hang in there!

Carole Burant said...

Hi Melody:-) Here via your mom's blog! Oh dear, I think you deserve to be made into a saint! lol My mom had 4 boys and 1 girl (me) so I imagine she had to pretty much go through what you are...I only have two boys, both grown now, and that was enough for me! God sure does have a weird sense of humour huh? hehe xox

Jeanette said...

I just popped over from mums. Oh you have a busy life and and time to chill out and blog. Mum of 4 all married.ill be back to visit again.